Thursday, December 15, 2005

Introduction

This is my effort at fighting conventional wisdom, which is so often wrong. Also, it's my attempt to have fun, compile thoughts and interact with others.

Why Blueberry Tofu you may ask. A book I was reading recently,
Origins of the Crash, Roger Lowenstein pointed to an incident of a protester throwing a blueberry tofu pie at Jeff Skilling, CEO of Enron. He then went on to describe how much of financial journalism at that time was symbolic of that blueberry tofu pie. Read the book and you'll get a better understanding, but I thought blueberry tofu was kind of a funny way to explain conventional wisdom. The incident is also covered in the movie
Smartest Guys in the Room.

Anyway as Jimmy Buffett might say "that's my story and I'm sticking to it". So enjoy, don't enjoy, whatever. I'm going to write about topics that I enjoy or want to sound off about. I hope you'll join me and maybe leave a comment or five and let me know you're reading. Agree, disagree it doesn't matter, I enjoy the free exchange of ideas, that's what blogging is all about.

No comments: