Monday, March 13, 2006

Shockers and Pirates

As expected, the Shockers got the 7 seed in the NCAA Tourney. Unexpectedly, Seton Hall gets in with a 10 (and Cincinatti is out). Not a bad matchup for the Shox, getting a team that most recently lost to Rutgers and should probably not be in the tournament. From what I've read this morning, Seton Hall is a good rebounding team and good defensive team, basically a mirror image of the Shockers. They're probably a little bigger and more athletic than the Shockers.

Wichita and Seton Hall have a small basketball connection. A high school classmate of mine at Wichita East, Adrian Griffin, played basketball at Seton Hall and later went on to play in the NBA. So, I followed Seton Hall for several years so I could watch Adrian play. I think they were in the Final Four the year Adrian graduated from high school and that was the impetus for him to move from Wichita to New Jersey. I know he was recruited by the Chicken Hawks of Kansas as well as other Big 8 schools. Anyway, this week I'm no longer hoping that Seton Hall does well.

No comments: