Monday, January 16, 2006

TV Blogging

"24" started its new season last night. I had been anticipating the return of Jack Bauer, probably my favorite TV character of recent history. Normally, the show is so intense I have to prepare myself with either a glass of Scotch or bourbon. The show last night didn't really grab me the way previous seasons had done. Spoiler Alert!

I didn't anticipate President Palmer being shot and killed. But I did anticipate Tony's wife being blown up with a car bomb and then Tony getting blown up with an aftershock. It was kind of funny seeing Jack in a domestic situation again. He's completely not up to it. The new President is such a jackass it's hard to take him seriously and I really don't like Jean Smart. It's also kind of funny that it was so predictable that Jack's landlord/lover's kid is already involved in a hostage situation. He only learned Jack's real name 20 minutes earlier yet he's really learning what it means to be a Bauer.

I hope the show gets a little more suspenseful, which I think it will tonight.

Update: After the 3rd and 4th hour on Monday night, I'm hooked again. I'm glad Jack got to kill someone at the airport, I didn't think he would get a chance since he was tied up and everything. Sean Astin may end up ruining the show.

No comments: